Charter School Facility Grant Program (SB740 Program)
- Incentive Website
- Incentive Status: Active
- Application Due Date: Ongoing
- Program Duration: State fiscal Year (July 1,20XX-June 30, 20XX)
- Available Funds: Lessor between 75% of facility costs or ADA x $1,117
- Total Allocation: $112,500,000
Do I Qualify?
Descriptions and examples of the below stated eligibility requirements can be found in the SB740 FAQ:
• Free or Reduced-Price Meals (FRPM)
a) 55% or more of the student enrollment at the charter school site is eligible for FRPM or;
b) The charter schoolsite is located in an elementary school attendance area where at least 55% of students enrolled are eligible FRPM. The charter school also must give a preference in admissions to students who reside in the elementary school attendance area.
• The charter school must be in compliance with its Chartering Authority and in Good Standing with the terms of its charter at the time of Application submission, and without interruption throughout the term of the grant.
• Eligible Facility Costs
a) Lease/rent costs
b) Deferred Maintenance, installations, Common area Maintenance etc.
a) District or County Office of Education Owned facility costs
b) Instructional costs or Salaries
c) Units of ADA generated through nonclassroom-based instruction
d) Costs incurred to meet a Charter School's local match obligation for charter school facilities that receives funds pursuant to the Charter School Facilities Program.
How to Apply
The Online SB740 Program 2017-18 Application closed June 2, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. New Charter Schools beginning operation in fiscal year 2017-18 or schools moving from an ineligible facility to an eligible facility were required to apply by October 16, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
The Application and deadline dates for SB740 will be posted on the SB740 website in April of each year.Apply Now
For more information visit our website or call (916) 651-7710. You can send us an email using form below.