- Incentive Website
- Incentive Status: Active
- Application Due Date: Ongoing
- Available Funds: $10 per desktop computer within the organization's PC network that meets eligibility criteria.
Network PC management software is an IT-based tool used to control desktop computer and monitor power settings within a network from a central location. The software allows administrators to control power consumption. It also has its own energy use evaluation and reporting capabilities.
Qualifying software assures measure persistence by being network administered. This means that the local user can not bypass the energy management settings. This, coupled with the reporting features built into the software, provides measurement and verification tools that are not present with manual or individually controlled power management options.
TID is offering a rebate of $10 per desktop computer to businesses that incorporate such energy saving software.
Do I Qualify?
How to Apply
The application process includes:
Applicant must be a TID electric service customer.
• The proposed rebate must be pre-approved by TID prior to purchase and installation.
• Software must be installed and operating on machines located at the address shown on the Rebate Agreement.
• Installation must allow centralized control at the server level of the power management settings (sleep mode and shutdown) of desktop computers on a distributed network.
• The software must have a reporting feature that allows monitoring and validation of energy savings.
• Upon request, customer must supply performance reports to TID.
• Customer must agree to keep the software installed and operating for a period of 5 years from the initial installation date.
• Qualifying software must result from:a. A new installation, where none previously existed.
b. An upgrade of an operating system or other network support software where the desktop computer power management function did not previously exist.
- Customer must allow TID access to the property site to verify the installation of the software, the location of the installed control software (at the server level), and the number of desktop computers controlled by the system.
- The incentive payment is limited to 100 percent of the cost of the project, including software licensing and installation.
- Laptops are not eligible to receive a rebate.
Application FeesNo application fee is required to apply for this rebate.
For more information visit our website or call (209) 883-8432. You can send us an email using form below.