- Incentive Website
- Incentive Status: Active
- Application Due Date: Ongoing
Air conditioning equipment can be the largest utility expense for a business. If your current system provides inefficient heating and cooling, it may be time for a new one. Our air Conditioning Incentives can help offset those costs.
If you’re thinking of making your business more energy efficient by replacing your old air conditioning unit, Riverside Public Utilities offers great incentives when installing high-efficiency central air conditioning units and chiller systems. You will enjoy seeing daily energy savings and lower monthly electricity bills.
Do I Qualify?
Air Conditioning Incentives Program Guidelines
- All Energy Star units are eligible.
- The minimum qualified SEER/EER ratings start at 15 SEER/11.7 EER and go up.
- A matching evaporator coil must be installed to qualify for the rebate.
- A copy of the original, dated sales receipt must be provided, and is subject to verification.
- The sales receipt must note the make, model number, serial number, tonnage, and SEER/EER rating of the new unit(s).
- Rebate amount is $150 per ton for units rated at 15 SEER/11.7 EER.
- Rebate amount is $250 per ton for units rated 16 SEER and greater.
- Rebate amount is $300 per ton with units incorporating load shifting or demand response capabilities.
- Rebate amount for HVAC tune-ups, including refrigerant recharge, is $10 per ton.
- Rebate amount cannot exceed $25,000 for Flat rate customers or $50,000 for Demand and Time of Use (TOU) customers. In addition, rebates cannot exceed 50% of the project cost. Customers are limited to one capped rebate per program per fiscal year per premise.
- All General Program Guidelines apply.
How to Apply
Complete the Commercial Application, attach any required documentation and mail to:
Riverside Public Utilities Programs & Services
3750 University Avenue, 3rd Floor, Riverside, CA 92501
For more information visit our website or call (951) 826-5485. You can send us an email using form below.