- Incentive Website
- Incentive Status: Active
- Application Due Date: Ongoing
Do I Qualify?
Confirm that your project meets all of the eligibility requirements listed below.
- The turf grass to be removed must be actively growing and irrigated at the time of pre-inspection. If you intend to participate in the RPU turf removal program, please do not begin to kill or remove your existing turf grass. Areas to be converted must have a living, maintained and irrigated turf grass lawn prior to pre-approval by RPU.
- Any pre-existing projects of turf removal, which were initiated and/or completed prior to the approval of an application by RPU, will be disqualified and ruled ineligible for participation in this program.
- All projects must be pre-inspected by RPU prior to turf removal.
- Area converted must not contain turf or turf looking grasses. Please be advised that this includes artificial turf or turf-looking grass, such as Buffalo grass, St. Augustine, etc.
- A Project for this Program is defined as the area where ornamental turf grass (lawn) will be replaced with a climate-appropriate landscape. “Climate-appropriate” landscaping is generally described as drought tolerant and or Southern California native. RPU has the discretion to determine if the replacement landscaping falls within this definition.
- Funding is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Eligible costs include design, applicable permitting, materials and installation. No project shall be eligible for funding in excess of $1.00 per square foot, up to 3,000 square feet for a maximum rebate of $3,000.00 for residential customers and 25,000 square feet for a maximum rebate of $25,000.00 for commercial customers. Rebate cannot exceed 100% of the cost of the project.
- Funding is NOT available from SoCalWaterSmart.com (Metropolitan Water District) for any project in this Program. Projects shall only receive funding from this Program.
- Receipts are required. The rebate cannot exceed the cost of the project. Copies of itemized receipts and contracts are required to be submitted to RPU for the Project within 30 days of project completion. RPU will not consider taxes paid as part of project costs.
- Area eligible for the rebate must be receiving potable water from an active RPU water service account.
- Property must be located within the RPU service territory and applicant must be a current RPU water customer, in good standing.
- Written notice to proceed from RPU is required before turning off water or removing any turf grass.
How to Apply
For more information visit our website or call (951) 826-5485. You can send us an email using form below.