- Incentive Website
- Incentive Status: Active
- Application Due Date: Ongoing
This incentive will allow forgiveness for certain liens imposed by the City for the public purpose of facilitating substantial investment, improvements and blight abatement to eligible properties.
Liens will only be forgiven if the improvements are completed upon City inspection and the property is maintained. If subject property meets all requirements listed within the agreement, at the end of a five-year monitoring period, the applicant may request the City remove the applicable lien from the property.
Do I Qualify?
– Commercial property use
– Liens must exceed $5,000
– Applicant must provide a letter verifying financial need
– Improvements to the property must further objectives in the Economic Development Strategic Plan, Urban Land Institute Report, Council goals, or other related City plans as well as bring site into compliance
– Improvements will have significant effect on the neighborhood and encourage additional investment
– Applicant must demonstrate ability to undertake and complete improvements
– No Applicant is eligible who has caused, maintained, or allowed the violations, fines, fees or liens at the subject property
How to Apply
For more information visit our website or call (209) 937-8539. You can send us an email using form below.