- Incentive Website
- Incentive Status: Available
- Program Duration: Ongoing
To encourage the reuse of Stockton's historic buildings and encourage development in the downtown, the Downtown Financial Incentive Program (DFIP) provides a reimbursement for development projects that reuse or rehabilitate existing downtown spaces that have been vacant for six months or longer.
Demolition, new construction, or expansions do not qualify.
Do I Qualify?
Eligible buildings are those with usable space that have been vacant for six months or longer and can be brought into code compliance through tenant improvements.
Eligible fees for reimbursement include:
– Building fees
– Fire protection plan check and permit fees
– Public Works plan check, inspection, and encroachment fees
– Sewer connection and administration fees
– Public Facilities Fees associated with a change of use
How to Apply
For more information visit our website or call (209) 937-8539. You can send us an email using form below.